Jewish Heritage Online Magazine

United States Trip Planning

When traveling to the United States, there are many options available for lodging. Most travelers book rooms in hotels and motels which can be arranged online or through apps on smartphones. There are many chain hotel options in the United States as well as smaller, independently owned motels or hotels. Motels usually doesn't include breakfast but they are also great options if you are looking for a budget-friendly stay. You can find cheap motel options here.

In addition to hotels, several companies now offer home sharing options such as VRBO or Airbnb. Some areas offer bed and breakfast inns where the fee for the room includes breakfast. Recently, people start renting RVs (recreational vehicles) as an alternative way of traveling. RV rental information can be found here.

There are two types of visas required to enter the United States from other countries. If you are traveling the United States to consult with a business associate, attend a professional convention, settle an estate or negotiate a contract, you will need to apply for a Business (B-1) Visa. If you are traveling for vacation, to visit friends or relatives, medical treatment, social events or amateur sporting or musical events, you will apply for a Tourism (B-2) Visa. Details of visa types can be found here.

In order to apply, you must complete an online application and upload a photo. You may be required to have an interview with the Consular before your visa is approved. You will need a passport as well in order to apply. Download the application at the website.

Plan your trip to Upper Peninsula of Michigan, MI

Vacation rentals & hotels: VacationHomeRents
Travel blogs: GetYourGuide